About Advance Medical
Advance Medical is a world-leading health services provider of innovative, physician-driven programs offering advocacy and support to people in medical crisis. Founded in 1999, with offices in Barcelona, Boston, Lisbon, London, Shanghai, Sao Paulo, and Santiago de Chile, Advance Medical’s Expertise on Demand programs are available to more than 35 million people through partnerships with 330 companies, including Fortune 100 Employers, leading Insurers, and other Groups who have given Advance Medical’s life-changing benefit to their membership.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Westwood, MA office and be part of a growing, high-performance team dedicated to finding solutions and providing comfort when people need it most.
About the position
The Medical Records Coordinator coordinates and organizes the collection of numerous medical records on a daily basis. The role entails high-volume, outgoing phone calls, keeping excellent notes on each call, and consistent follow-up. The role requires someone extremely organized, persistent, and quick-thinking. It is a fast-paced, often urgent, work environment but the result is positively impacting patients and their families.
Who we are looking for
A candidate who has a year or more experience in a busy office environment, preferably in a medical or health insurance field, who is ready to take the next step in their career. A candidate who will not be overwhelmed by the volume phone calls or tasks assigned to them. A polished individual with a professional demeanor and a caring attitude who understands the work we are doing is demanding but also rewarding.
- Coordinate the collection and administration of participants’ medical records from medical facilities in the US and internationally via phone, fax and email.
- Work within a team to prioritize cases and expedite collection of medical records.
- Think quickly and creatively to avoid delays and achieve desired results within - tight timeframes
- Document all communications clearly and follow up according to protocol.
- Maintain strict HIPAA compliance
- Exceptional telephone communication skills with the ability to articulate needs clearly and concisely
- Determination and persuasive abilities to get positive results
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail when documenting progress
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and then work independently
- Ability to multi-task, particularly between phone and written work
- Dependability and ownership of workload
- General understanding of medical terminology helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; SalesForce a plus
The ideal candidate will:
- Be focused on the goal of helping the patient
- Be a quick-learner and unafraid to ask questions
- Take personal accountability and ownership of work product
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess experience in a medical environment with a medical vocabulary (preferred)
- See the big picture and manage to the details
Schedule and benefits:
- Position is full time, 9:00am–6:00pm Monday–Friday
- Excellent benefits including PTO, company-paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, FSA, and 401(k) with employer match.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.